We provide proactive claims handling with respect for and understanding of our customer
What is a pro-active claims process?
- Respect for and understanding of our customer.
- Within 24 hours we acknowledge receipt of notifications.
- Time is an important factor to our customers; timely adjustment and payment.
- We do not seek confrontation – we seek solutions.
- Close collaboration between claims and UW to secure, that the insurance agreement is understood and honoured, but claims make the decisions (segregation of duty).
The claims team
Within 24 hours, we acknowledge receipt of new loss notification to insured either directly or via appropriate broker. Claims can be notified to us via mobile or web.
We capture all data required to properly record a claim – this also means setting up a provisional or full reserve based on the information available.
We commence the actual claims handling meaning that we get in contact with insured to discuss facts, ask for additional information or verify information given. We also – when relevant – appoint external vendors; for instance loss adjusters and defence lawyers (in third party claims).
After having fully adjusted the claim, we make decisions regarding coverage, liability (in third party claims), and payment of indemnity/settlement. Our decision is of course based on the relevant facts of the notified matter and the assessment of these facts against the policy and relevant law and court rulings